2015-2016 Coaches Tryout Guide
1. Sign up to attend SSC Shadow RCL Premier tryouts as an evaluator! Register now!
Your help as an evaluator throughout the tryout process is appreciated! We would love for you to attend as many tryouts as possible as we look to be excellent in our evaluation of all the children hoping to play for the Shadow this season. Please come dressed in your Shadow gear. We will look to coordinate shirt colors each day as a staff
2. Tryouts and Team Selection
All tryout materials will be provided by the SSC Shadow. Teams will be selected by the coach with feedback from other club directors and coaches. Feedback and discussions are encouraged!
3. Call the players you have selected to your roster to confirm their position on the team! Player contact information will be sent to you following your tryout via the Google Drive for all teams that you will be coaching.
Now it is time to finalize your team roster! Coaches will be expected to call the players they have selected to inform them of their placement on the team. When a player accepts a position on your roster please communicate to them these upcoming steps in the process.
During the phone call let them know the date/time/location of your first team meeting. Be sure to confirm their email address so that you can follow up with an introductory email to the team, welcoming them to the SSC Shadow and reminding them of the first team meeting for your group! In this email please include a link to the SSC Shadow Registration Guide so that all players can begin the registration process!
4. Send your completed player roster to the Shadow administration staff as soon as it is finalized
We need to know who is on your team! Please email us as soon as your roster has been finalized.
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Initial team meetings
This is a chance to communicate your vision and goals for the group! Topics may include: Tournament Schedules. Expectations of parents/players. Who you are as a coach/person. Preferred communication methods. Team goals and more!
If you do not yet have a team manager this is also a great opportunity to ask for volunteers. Be sure to remind the group to complete all of the steps in the SSC Shadow Registration Guide if they have not already done so.
5. Enjoy your soccer and contact us if you have any questions!