To get things started for the team, here are a few tips for a successful season:
Complete your WA Youth Soccer Background Check - MANDATORY!
All adults involved with coaching or as team managers and team treasurers are required to complete and pass a national background check prior to their service to SSC Shadow. Follow this link to complete your check: rma.volunteer.washingtonyouthsoccer.org.
You can find more information on the Washington Youth Soccer website: http://www.washingtonyouthsoccer.org/resources/risk_management_safety/risk_management_application/
- Introduce Yourself: Send an e-mail to your team to introduce yourself and give your contact information.
- Distribute the Team Contact Sheet: Once all players are registered with SSC Shadow, you may want to make a team contact sheet. For the sake of player privacy, do not include birth dates or home addresses on the sheet! Ask for changes/additions. Forward a final draft to all players, parents and the coach. Please keep the Team Contact Sheet current throughout the year.
- Certified Birth Certificate copies: Forward any copies to the Office Manager. These are NOT to be included in the Team Book.
- Medical Release Forms: Gather these from each player (new and returning). Make one copy of each form for your coach (should something occur during practice) and store the original document in your Team Book. Forms may be found on the SSC Shadow website: http://www.spokaneshadow.org/forms/index_E.html
- Organize Player Cards: Ask any players new to Shadow to obtain their current US Youth Soccer member pass from their former team managers. US Youth Soccer passes expire on August 31. The passes are the property of the player, not the former club, and will be needed for summer tournaments.
- Get your Risk Management Clearance: You will register with Washington Youth Soccer Register to complete your risk management background clearance. More information on this process will be shared soon.
- Take Photos: Get a photo (head shot) of each of the players for player cards. Coach photos may be found on the SSC Shadow website. Get a team photo of all players and coach, in uniform, for the Shadow website. Forward to the Club Manager.
- First Aid Kit: Pull together or re-stock your team’s first aid kit and put it in your team bag. Ask each player to donate items. Give the first aid kit to your coach to keep handy at practices and games.
- Club Policies: Familiarize yourself with SSC Shadow policies regarding playing time, player injuries, lightning safety, No Pay/No Play, refunds, tournaments, guest players, player sponsorships, fundraising, website privacy and security, logo use, etc.