You need a 3-ring binder to hold all the necessary documentation for each player for the season. The Team Book should include, but not limited to:
- Team Contact Sheet (we recommend laminating one or storing in a clear document sleeve to keep it weather-proof)
- Generic SSC Shadow Team Roster
- US Youth Soccer Player and coaches cards
- Regional Club League (RCL) and State Cup Tournament game roster sheets
- A Medical Release Form of each player
- Emergency Protocol and Field Address Information
Your team may be disqualified from a tournament at registration check-in if you are missing even one piece of the documentation necessary in the Team Book.
Team Rosters: Each Manager will be required to keep an updated copy of the team roster in the Team Book at all times.
Game Roster Sheets: Each manager will be required to print out the game roster sheets prior to each RCL and State Cup game from Affinity. A game roster should display all game/location information, as well as player information (jersey number, name, and birth dates) for the day.
Player and Coaches Cards: The Club uses State-issued USYSA cards (League and State Cup).
For players cards:
- Attach player’s or coach’s picture the back (print coaches photo from the SSC Shadow website)
- Laminate each card (self-laminating sleeves available at Office Depot or Staples work perfectly or Kinko’s can laminate them for you).
- Punch a small hole in the top left corner
- Link them together on a key ring or lanyard.
- Keep this key ring of player cards securely attached inside your three-ring Team Book when not in use. Be sure to retrieve them from the referee after each game.
- Make a lost and found card with your contact information.
The State-issued USYSA cards are delivered to us from Washington Youth Soccer in late August. USYSA cards expire August 31.
Mid-Season Roster Additions: Your team may gain or lose players as the season progresses. If a player is added to your team roster after tryouts are completed, please contact the Club Registrar/Administrator to get them registered in a timely fashion. Every new player comes to the Club from different backgrounds which makes each registration process unique. The Club Registrar/Administrator will offer directions on Club Registration, Uniform ordering and duties for the Team Manager.