Spokane Soccer Club Shadow is committed to forming as many competitive teams as possible at every age level. It is our goal to grow the Club membership while remaining competitive. We encourage all interested players to experience the SSC Shadow tryout process, as long as you are willing to make the necessary commitment to the Club upon your selection. If you have no intention of accepting a roster spot if you are invited, please do not tryout.
1. Visit the links on the left to register for tryouts at the level of play in which you are interested. Please register in advance so we have your tryout number and evaluation paperwork ready for our coaches and bring you a faster check-in. Walk-ups are welcome, but advanced registration is encouraged.
2. Players should arrive for tryouts 15 to 20 minutes early to have ample time to check-in. Bring plenty of water and extra layers of clothing if weather is cold!
3. If your age group tryout includes more than one day, plan on attending all sessions. The more coaches who observe how you play, the stronger your evaluation will be.
3. Players will be given an assigned number to wear on the leg of their shorts or sweatpants during the tryout session(s). They will be identified by their number during the tryout sessions. Understanding that for many players their soccer gear from a previous team is all they have, wearing former team gear is allowed, but DOES NOT give a competitive advantage to any player at tryouts. All players must earn their spot on a roster every year.
4. Relax and have fun! Our goal is a positive experience and we do not want tryouts to be stressful. Parents, please let your players manage their own tryout experience.
5. We suggest a family member accompany each player to tryouts, and ask that they stay away from the sidelines and do not offer coaching tips or call out to them during the tryout. Parents will gather at the beginning of the first tryout session for an informational meeting.
6. Tryouts will see players go through a warm up, small-sided activities and larger-sided games. Every effort is made to make sure each player is seen in a competitive environment. Evaluators include our licensed, professional SSC Shadow coaches along with other qualified coaches from our community.
7. Selected players will receive a phone call or e-mail from their coach inviting them to join an SSC Shadow team and asking for acceptance. Results will be posted on this website. The posting date will be announced at the conclusion of the tryout, but we strive for three days after the last tryout session.